Help keep patients safe by ensuring a clean, well-prepared medical environment! Do you want a career keeping medical environments safe for patients and medical staff? Are you excited about the idea of working in a variety of medical settings, including general hospitals, public health clinics, private doctors’ offices, and specialized surgical centers?
As a sterile processing technician, you will:
- Stock, sterilize, package, and prepare tools and equipment used in surgery
- Take inventory of surgical tools and instruments
- Ensure the cleanliness and safety of operating rooms, tables, and equipment
With the baby boomer population aging, the job market for Sterile Processing Technicians is expected to grow by 20% from 2012-2020, according to the Bureau of Labor Services.
Begin a rewarding career assuring pristine medical environments by enrolling in our Sterile Processing Technician program.
What to Expect
You will learn the basics of sterile processing, including:
- Infection control and prevention
- Decontamination, cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization
- Surgical instruments and storage
- Distribution and inventory control
- Medical terminology
- Anatomy & physiology
- Bonus Features
Who should enroll in the Sterile Processing Technician Program?
A career as a Sterile Processing Technician may be right if you are the type of person who:
- Isn’t bothered by blood or bodily fluids
- Recognizes the chain of command and follows company policies
- Demonstrates the ability to work under direction, yet independently as needed
- Has strong verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Can build relationships in customer service with operating room staff and vendors
- Wants to gain mastery of best practices in all areas of sterilization